Wednesday, August 06, 2008

The Running Thing

I just got back from my first run with my friend. It wasn't a long run. Just a mile and an almost half. But I ran more of it than I thought I'd be able to, and didn't collapse into a heap of goo, so that's good. (Although we did see the paramedics hanging out in a parking lot around the halfway point of the run, so if I had turned into goo, they would have been able to help. Not that I would turn into goo. Just nice to know they were there just in case.) Now, my legs are jelly and my new goal is to be able to run the whole thing and be able to talk and breathe all at the same time. If wanting to do all those things at the same time isn't too greedy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of your accomplishment on your first run! Excellent effort and goal setting. I know you'll not only meet, but exceed your expectations. Love, Mom

Dani said...

You did well! I'm ready for run #2!