Wednesday, August 27, 2008

New Yard Find!

It's been a while since we've found anything really cool in our yard. Today, while I was mowing down the dandelions, I spotted this little guy. The kids immediately threw him into the wading pool out front, and he seemed to like it. Alex calls him "Funny Hippo Name." Which is spelled, apparently, "Angradndrand." Nicky calls him "Widdle Hippo."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, animal crackers in my soup--for a hippo was discovered in your yard! What a strange assortment of surprises you have collected from your front yard. I know you have a House Fairy, and wonder now if perhaps there also is a Yard Fairy? The dandelions you can keep for there are plenty a'blowing in the wind down my way! I like the names for the hippo. One might be a favorite, but I'll not say which one because they both are original and smile producing. Love, Mannah

Anonymous said...

hrm, could have been mistaken for a dog landmine -k

Dani said...

I love the yard finds. They crack me up!