Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Nicky Helped With the Cable

Yesterday evening, we noticed that the cable was out. Since it was so rainy, we thought that maybe it was weather related. Neither one of us wanted to tackle tracing the cable through the web of wires that is the entertainment system. If you've seen how it's set up, you'd understand completely. We figured it'd be better in the morning, and if not, I'd call the cable company.

It wasn't better this morning. So I called them. They traced the problem to the box not getting a signal. Ahhh. So Nicky might have done something to it last night when he was wiggling the switch box. D'oh. I said I would look on my own to see if the cable was unplugged somewhere due to the help of a certain two year old and if I couldn't find it, I'd call back.

I found a flashlight. I checked the back of the cable box, it seemed fine. I checked the back of the switch box. It also seemed fine. I checked the other side of the wall, where the cable goes through, since it could have gotten unplugged there. Nope. It was fine.

Then I started tracing the cable as it came in through the house. Aha!

This looks quite a bit like the work of a certain small boy. In fact, so much like his work that I asked him if he knew what happened. He said "I puwwed dat wire. Dat's not good." At least it was an easy fix, and it started today off with success, which is always nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nicholas definitely seems to have his Daddy's inclination for wires and electronics. His efforts as he learns will keep you on your toes! I wonder when he'll test out the computer... Love, Mannah