Monday, June 01, 2009

Swimming Lessons

The kids started swimming lessons today. It was the first set of swimming lessons for the summer. Nick is old enough now to go to swimming class without a parent, and Alex was supposed to be in the same class she was in last summer. Nick was a bit unsure about class today, so tomorrow, he'll get to wear a tshirt to hopefully stay a bit warmer. Alex was the only one enrolled in her level class, so she got to join the class she already took, but it'll be a good reintroduction to swimming, so I think it'll be ok. Since I didn't have to help Nick in the water, I got to take my camera and get some pictures.

Nick, a bit unsure about all this.

Finally listening.

Maybe starting to have fun, but he's not saying.

Alex took to the swimming like a champ.

Swimming alone back to the steps!

This is supposed to be a back float. He was still a bit nervous.

Look at her jump from the steps!

Mr. Cool, just hanging out at the pool.

Another back float, not too bad for the first back float of the summer.

A really good front float!

And some bubble blowing! And kicking! That's more like it!

A kicking girl.

A very happy kicking girl!

Sitting on the side for some "jumping in". The teacher helped them into the water very gently.

And finally, a smile! Hooray!

We'll go back tomorrow, and hopefully, they will have an even better time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a very good start to their swimming lessons...all smiles at the end of the time, and more learning, kicking, splashing, swimming, and smiles to come! I was glad to see how attentive and focused the instructors are on the child they have in the water. Back floats take trust and I bet they both get that soon with their respective classes/instructors. Love, Mannah

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Nicholas that appeared in your local newspaper! And, using a magnifying glass, I also could identify Alexandra at the other end of the pool! Fun! It's one for his book of memories for sure! Love, Mannah