Sunday, June 14, 2009

Macro Garden Shots

Fairy flower

Dave's been working on my car today, and the kids want to help. So my job was to help him by distracting the kids as much as possible. So the kids rode bike, roller skated, and helped me weed some in the gardens. The yard tote is now more than full, and there are still weeds to pull. But there are ALWAYS weeds to pull, so I'm not too worried.

A poppy seed pod forming in the dying flower

It's so nice out today. Not too sunny and not too hot. It's been good working outside getting the garden going and getting to dig in the dirt. I have a few more things to transplant to other areas in the yard, so if it stays cool, I might just get to finish my planting plan.

Blueberries

It's been such a slow moving day, even considering all the activities the kids have been up to. Nick is still in his jammies. He doesn't want to change, and I see no reason to make him. He's comfy and happy. That's a good combination.

A bee is looking at you

After the kids started playing hide and seek in the front yard, I decided to run in and get my camera for some macro shots. Just so you know, bees don't like cameras with macro lenses so close to their flowers. I didn't get stung, but towards the end, I think I was pushing my luck a bit!

2 comments:

Dani said...

I just LOVE the poppy shot. It is fantastic! Super pretty

Kathryn said...

Thanks! I like that one, too. I'm thinking about getting it printed big to put in my dining room. Although, then I would have to take down the art the kids made...