Sunday, March 22, 2009

Princess Maggie

As I was cleaning up from dinner tonight, Alex and Dave had the following conversation:

"Hey Mom! Hey Dad! Come check this out!"
"What is it? Some kind of trouble?"
"No, it's Maggie! Come see!"
"What's she doing? Sleeping?"
"Nope. She's a princess! She's Princess Maggie!"
"Hmmm... Better bring your camera up here and see!"

Yep. That's Maggie, alright. Wearing a princess crown. Hilarious!

Maggie has always been rather energetic, and most people don't believe us when we say she's 10 or 11 years old. I can't imagine anyone who knows Maggie believing that she happily wore a princess crown and let us take pictures of her! She really, really loves Alex to let her put a crown on her like that!

She's really pulls it off, too! Who knew? She's always treated us a bit like subjects, so perhaps we shouldn't be so surprised after all.

Update at 8:
I'm a little concerned for Maggie's sanity. Not only did she seem fine from the princess crown episode of an hour ago, she just let Alex give her a hat parade. Seriously.

Here she is working Alex's pink baseball hat. Doesn't she look like she's enjoying it?

Here she is as a fire dog. "Does this say 'Fire dog' on it, Mom?"

She seemed to like wearing Alex's hat. Maybe because it kept her ears warm and it was pink and soft. I'm starting to think Maggie likes pink.

Here she is wearing Nicky's hat. Apparently, this hat used up the last of Maggie's patience with hats, as she got up and walked away after I took this picture. Then, she walked back and looked at me as if to say, "Would you take this thing off my head now? I'm done with this game." It was hilarious. She's such a great dog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maggie the Fashion Princess! She definitely has defined old dog learning new tricks...remnants of one you loved so very much: Lady. I love the pictures of Mighty Maggie (sweet, patient Maggie). Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Those are super cute pics of Maggie.
:-) Katie K.