Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Hat

I've gotten to the first cable round in the hat I'm knitting for myself. It's a fun pattern with things like t4b and c6f. That's knitting lingo for "do some stuff with putting this many stitches on a different needle while you knit or purl some other stitches, and try to keep it straight while other, non-knitting stuff happens around you". There's a lot of counting in knitting. And sometimes, the counting gets away from you and you have to start over. But it's all ok in the end, if it keeps your head warm. Or if the pattern is fun to watch progress, which this one is. At least so far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I continue to be amazed at what you are able to accomplish with a set of knitting needles and yarn! This project (finally one for you) is a lovely color and pattern. You've been so generous sharing your completed knitting projects--again, I'm very pleased you are making something for yourself. Love, Mom

Maria said...

The color is just striking and delightful! Can't wait to see the finished product! Is this your first "for you" project?

Way to go Kathryn!

:) Maria