Friday, March 13, 2009

Lazy Friday

We made a fresh batch of playdough this afternoon. It smells of lemonade tea.

The kids played with it for about an hour. We mixed extra flour and cornstarch into it to make it super soft and squeaky.

The seeds we started about a week ago are looking good. Well, looking as good as a set of seeds that get played with a lot can look. From near to far, there are canteloupes (barely coming up yet), cucumbers, heirloom tomatoes, yellow pear tomatoes, then a bunch of slacker seeds that haven't done anything yet. I'm going to give them a few more days, then replant the seeds.

After playdough time, Alex and I went out to the hammock and had some cuddle and reading time. We had a blanket with us, that we had wrapped around us like a burrito. It was really nice.

3 comments:

Dani said...

Your seeds look great!

Anonymous said...

Great weekend for making and playing with playdough. Why did it smell of lemonade tea? As for the seeds, after having seen the germination process happening on your kitchen table, I agree that the slackers need to be replaced! Looks, though, like you have a great start of your summer gardening. Love yous, Mom

Maria said...

Oh I love the smell of fresh playdough! Especially lemon! It looked like lots of fun designing with and playing with it.

Also, your seeds look fantastic! I can't wait until we can start ours! How very exciting!

Can't wait to see what next week brings for the seeds!

-Maria