Alex and Nick have come up with a very clear way of letting us know that they are not happy with something that's going on. You may think that they could just say that they are angry or frustrated or sad. Nope. Not these kids. They have decided that it's easier to just call us a name. Not names, just one name. That name is Mr. Pootyhead. (We're not sure why or how they came up with it, but they both use it when they are angry or frustrated.)
If they are having trouble getting dressed, we might hear "Mr. Pootyhead shirt! Stop it!" Or if they are having trouble putting a toy together "Mr. Pootyhead potatohead!" Or if the dogs loo like they might be trying to sneak some of their food, "Mr. Pootyhead Milo! Mr. Pootyhead Maggie!" Or, you've guessed it by now, if they are upset with something I've done, I am then "Mr. Pootyhead Momma!" It's hilarious, even if I can't laugh at the time.
Some recent reasons I've been a Mr. Pootyhead Momma have been because I wouldn't let Nicky draw on the wall with markers, I wouldn't let Alex wear a dress without tights when it was super cold outside, and I asked them to stop splashing water out of the tub when they are over tired. You see what they have to deal with, and how that might be Mr. Pootyhead worthy, I'm sure.
But I think the funniest reason was a few days ago. I went into the kitchen and saw that Nicky had made himself a snack. I wouldn't let him finish the snack as he had prepared it. "Why would you do that?" you might be thinking. "You should be supporting his growing independance!" Yeah. Not so much in this case. He was eating yogurt out of a brand new container of yogurt with his fingers. It was hilarious and I was, of course, a Mr. Pootyhead Momma. At least it was easier to clean up than the markers on the wall!
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Can I call you that too? lol
Pootyhead perfect! Love, Mom
Post a Comment