Friday, February 13, 2009

Clean Rooms

Yesterday, after getting home from the kids' Valentine party at school, we had a bit of extra sugar energy. I decided we should try to harness that energy for good. So we went into Nick's room and moved the bed so that he could stand on it and look out his window. Which lead to cleaning out all the toys that had found their way under his bed, which lead to cleaning up all the toys and taking the ones that had homes somewhere else in the house back to where they belonged. All in all, it took almost three hours, but this is how his room ended up looking:

Once his bed was moved, he climbed onto it and looked outside and exclaimed, "There's a sunset right out my window!" I think he likes that there's a better place to Thomas to live now and there's still a lot of room to play.

Not to be out cleaned, Alex wanted her room spiffied up. No rearranging needed in her room, just help getting toys and books back to their homes. She's pretty happy with how her room looks now, too. I'm just glad they can find what they need and that their floors are clean so that I won't step on things in the middle of the night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet the house fairy was very pleased with the clean rooms! Great job Nicky and Alex! Love, Mannah