Thursday, May 15, 2008

Nicholas Turns Two, Part Two

And now, the birthday festivities of the Blue Eyed Monster Wild Thing! (As named by his sister)

There was a birthday parade, with horns and "kit-tar" and Dave singing a song befitting of such a grand event.

Nicholas told Dave that his horn was "not working anymore", so Dave "fixed" it by showing Nicholas how to use it. Which was hilarious, as you can see.

I made a Carrot Cake with lots of raisins. Alex decorated it. There is a girl (on the left) and her brother (on the right) dressed up as cats (if you look, you can see the at ears on the tops of their heads). The girl has "wobbly legs".

He blew the candles out easily.

And really got into the unwrapping part this year!

I was thinking that the train cars would spell out NICK. I don't know why I was thinking that. Obviously, KNIC is a better thing to spell!

The helicopter blades were satisfactory. Whew!

Alex got a big sister present. The cooler thing about this picture is how her face lines up with Dave's face. Weird, huh?

And a motorcycle to round out the bunch. A good birthday was had. But I still can't believe my little boy is two!

No comments: