Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkin Party

Alex's school had a Pumpkin Party today. Since I'm one of the room parents, I got to help plan it and also got to be there on the day to make sure it went well. It was so much fun!

Since they have been studying spiders in class, we made some spider houses, and collected leaves and sticks and dirt to make a cozy house for a spider. One little girl actually caught a spider!

Nicky got to go to Kindergarten today. He was a little overwhelmed by everything, but only, I think, because he's just getting over being so sick earlier this week. (He's no longer contagious, just tired from being sick.)

They made spider hats.

They played with "monster snot". This was Nick's favorite station.

I kept coming over to check on him, and he was happy to play with the snot.

Alex was checking out the snot, but she wouldn't smile. So I had to help with that, with a little rib tickling.

They also decorated some foam pumpkins, had a guessing station, a bean bag toss area, and ring the pumpkin game with a hula hoop. It was a pretty fun time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a very fun party! Love, Mannah