I got the side of the house painted. We took a chip of paint in to be matched and ended up getting it custom matched, so we got to name the color ourselves. It's called "Fizzle" because of Nick's favorite knock knock joke.Knock knock.I am not a tidy painter. I never have been. And I have decided that a few bucks for a funny painter outfit is worth it to keep all my clothes from being splattered Fizzle color. But I must say that I felt like a marshmallow while painting! The only size painter coveralls was extra large, and it would fit Dave, with room to spare. I just rolled the sleeves and pant legs up and tried to clip the extra in the back, but the clip kept falling off, so I gave up on that.
Who's there?
Something. (This could be anything. Or he could really say "Something." It would depend on the day.)
Something who?
Something who sat on a fizzle! (Fizzle is "Thistle" for those of you who didn't get it.)
If you think that the house is looking awfully speckle free, it's because this picture was taken when I was applying the second coat of paint. Also, I'd like to mention that I still don't like ladders, and I hated every minute of being up on the ladder. But the house got painted before the rains of fall hit, and that's what matters.
Weekend before last, while I was painting furiously so that the paint would dry before the rain last week, Dave's brother came over for a bit. While he was here, Alex found a big bamboo pole that at one point was thinking of being a plane launcher. She brought it to Dave and said, "I want to climb this." She wanted Dave to pound it into the ground. He suggested it would work better if he held it, and she thought that sounded good. So he held it and she climbed it. And then Nick climbed it and it was good. Here's Dave's brother with Alex climbing and Nick checking out the base of it for something.
The finished wall of Fizzle. It looks so much better! And now we can work on some other projects that need attention. Because there are always projects.Alex is still loving Kindergarten. Although, if you ask her what her favorite part of the day is, she'll say recess every time. Tonight at dinner, she answered "My favorite part of the day was recess and it will always be recess." We asked what she did at recess and she said "Just boring monkey bars." She didn't see what that made us both laugh.
Every day, Alex brings us home a picture. She gets to draw during free time, and she has really made some huge improvements in her drawing skills. Here's a picture she brought home last week, that is probably my favorite picture of hers of all time.
It's just awesome.I hope to get back to blogging more as we get more used to the schedule of having two kids in different schools with different hours and all that entails. And hopefully, I'll get more pictures taken of the kids, too.


2 comments:
I'm so proud of you for all your ladder painting...and for doing the painting yourself! Fizzle is a great name for the color. As for the XL coveralls, as once told by a good friend, size doesn't matter as long as the fit achieves the purpose. I too love Alex's latest self-portrait! Lots of details! As for the schedules that take you everywhere twice and back again, I totally understand! I remain amazed at all you are able to accomplish! Love, Mom
The house looks great!
Post a Comment