Thursday, September 17, 2009

Corn and Tomatoes

We harvested our corn for a colossal corn feed. This would be the entire harvest from today. And the ears are mostly lined up from most kernels to least kernels (being none). Needless to say, we only cooked up five ears.

This ear of just three kernels was not cooked and eaten. But I think it would make a fantastic super cartoon character.

We have also been getting some rather delicious tomatoes this year. This is an heirloom variety of some sort. It's Nicky's favorite tomato, because "It has a tomato coming out of its bum!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know for a fact that your home grown corn is tasty, though ears have produced limited kernels. The tomato you photographed looks strange, but hilarious! I can see why Nicholas likes it best! You've done well with the garden this year, even with the oddities! Love you, Mom

Dani said...

You have got some crazy corn and tomatoes! I like that :)

*Also the code word thingy that i have to pill in down below says "pee late" lol