There were a bunch of salmon that kept jumping just outside of casting range of the beach. And by a bunch, I mean there was a salmon jumping every few seconds for a few hours. It was rather incredible to watch. And rather frustrating for the people trying to catch them!
Dave did go out on a boat and catch one on a fly line, but it got away when he pulled it close to the boat. It was fun to watch, though!And just if you are wondering, Dave is fine now. The kids are almost over their colds, and I went to the doctor yesterday and got new meds and am feeling tons better today, which is why I'm finally blogging about last weekend!

3 comments:
That is crazy!!! I have never seen that before.
I'm glad you all were finally able to get to the island--albeit a day later than you had anticipated. What a restful place to try to get over all the various "bugs" that have landed on your and yours. As for the salmon that got away, perhaps word has gotten around the various fish schools that Dave is a catch and release kind of guy. But nothing quite like a freshly caught salmon for dinner! Glad everyone is feeling better. Love, Mom
that 2nd picture looks like a sea monster -k
Post a Comment