Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Rainbow Cake

To help stay organized this summer, we have different plans for each day of the week. Today's plan was to cook something. Alex got to choose what we made. She wanted to make Rainbow Cake. I got some directions online, and we made a cake today. Here it is.

Instead of making a cake from scratch, we used a white cake mix, divided it into five parts, then colored each part a different color. We had red, orange, green, blue and purple. Then, the kids spooned the different colors into the pan, and we baked it.

After baking it, I made a vanilla butter cream frosting. We ate some cake after dinner. It tasted just like regular cake, but was more fun. I'm not sure it looks like a rainbow, but the kids loved making it and eating it, and that's what counts.

3 comments:

Dani said...

NICE!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful idea, and colorful! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

that is cool cake -K