
Nicky was super tired tonight, and Alex still had some energy, so Dave took her outside and showed her Jupiter and some of it's moons while I got Nicky down for sleep. I was really mean, and went out and took my awfully flashy bright camera and took a few pictures. You can see by Dave's face that my camera flash was not very popular.

Alex thought it was pretty cool to use the telescope. She was also pretty tired, so she has sleepy eyes.

They looked at Jupiter and about three or four of it's moons, and also our moon. The upper light curve is the moon, the lower curve is a streetlight. No, I don't know why they look like that. Jupiter is in this picture, it's above the weird moon at the top of the picture, in the center. I don't know if you can see it if you click on the picture to make it bigger or not. It's just a lighter dot, if you can see it.

In this picture, Jupiter is over the crown of Dave's head. And you can really see Alex's sleepiest smile. We came inside soon after this and she was out in about 10 minutes.
2 comments:
Jupiter and its moons and our own moon brought up close via Dave's great telescope...cool. There are excellent reasons to stay up past bedtime and for Alexandra, this certainly was one of them! Maybe somewhere else in your "thereabouts" someone kept seeing a flash of light and thought they were seeing a UFO. Love yous, Mannah
Dang it Kathy you make me want to have babies! Grrr! What's your email address? Kelly and I would love to babysit again so you and Dave can have a night out on the town.
katie.keeton@yahoo.com
Post a Comment