Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Alex's Book

Alex is not feeling well today. She's been fighting a virus for a few days, and just is ever so not well. We went in to the doctor today, and she should be getting better in the next day or so, but if not, we'll go back to get her checked out again.

Because she's not well, I haven't really had lots of time to post (she's been a velcro puddle girl), nor have I taken many new pictures. It's not fun to take pictures when there's a sick little one in the house.

So instead of brand new today pictures, I'll show you a set of pictures from last week. These are pictures of a book that Alex made. Enjoy!

Here's the front cover. The gray things at the bottom are sparkly jewels.

Here is all of the picture side.

Another view of the cover. It's upside down because it's that kind of book, you see.

The second picture page. With more jewels. And stickers.

The third picture page.

The fourth picture page.

The last picture page. Sometimes, this is the front cover of the book, but usually, it's the last picture page instead.

Here is my favorite part of the book. The word pages.
Alex told me the story, I wrote the words down on a piece of paper, then she copied them onto these pages.

I love you flower.

Flowers you are beautiful!

Flowers I kiss you

You smell so sweet when I smell you

Flowers I love you!

It's a bit like poetry, I think. And very beautiful. I hope she makes lots more books!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's taking after her mommy! That is a brillant book! I love it! She's so smart! What great pictures and what even better writing. Her printing is fantastic too!
Please tell Alex we loved her book!
:)
*HUGS* Maria

Anonymous said...

Ditto to Maria's comment! I've seen the book and it's even more incredible for real than in the pictures. Love, Mannah

Anonymous said...

I love her book! I need to do more crafts with Natalie, but I am nowhere as creative as you. Alex's writing is really, really good!

Brooke