Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Alexandra Turns Four!

Alexandra had a great birthday yesterday. I took lots of pictures, but am unable to post them here right now. I'll try again later. Thank you for your patience.

Some highlights from her birthday:

As we made her birthday cake: "Mom, I think this cake will be chocolicious."

Opening a gift of princess dress up things: "This is just what I always wanted!"

Upon seeing her new big girl bike: "Wow."

7:50pm- Update-
I can add pictures now! Yeah! Here's our four year old on her birthday!

Before school.



The cookie she took to school, along with banana popsicles to share with her friends.

Eating a banana popsicle at school.

Nicholas licking the frosting off his hands after eating some birthday cookie at his, I mean Alex's school.

Alex taking Nicholas over to see the bubbles.
He was not amused.

He was interested in playing away from the bubbles. I think the screaming kids were a bit much for him.

Screaming bubble kids.

Dave got home early, so we gave Alex this present before dinner.
She was so excited.


Hopping on the bike for the first time.

Woo hoo Alex!

Oops! Her first fall. She got right back up and kept riding until dinner was ready.

Does this look like a girl who is excited to have a new bike or not?

We let the ice cream cake thaw a bit after dinner, and Alex tried to snitch some frosting. No snitching, Snitcher!

Our little "Scuva diver".

This may be the evilest looking little fairy princess I've ever seen.

Blowing out her candles.


Tired Nicholas watching this birthday candle business.

Cake! And an interesting cake eating technique.

Another person interested in eating as much cake as possible in a single bite.

Happy chocolate face.

Goofy chocolate face.

Doing magic with a new wand.

This may be one of my favorite birthday pictures of Alex ever.

Alex and her wands. She can do a lot of magic now.

Off to put her new dress up things away for the night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Four! I know she had such a fun birthday and how much she is looking forward to her party on Saturday. If it's a day like today, then we'll all get wet in a splish splash. "Chocolicious" is a wonderful word; she is definitely your daughter! A new bicycle--how pink is it? Lots going on around this precious child turning 4 years old! It's all fantabulous! Love, Mannah

Anonymous said...

What wonderful pictures to capture her big day of turning four! Lots of fun and excitement and energy! Thanks for adding the pictures to the posting. Lots of love and magic in all that 'chocolicious' activity! Love yous, Mannah

Anonymous said...

HA! The "Scuva Diver" cracked me up! She is so funny. I am glad she enjoys being four. :) Karyn