
After dragging the whole butterfly garden out to the island last week, and bringing it home without seeing the butterflies emerge, I was getting a little worried that maybe they weren't going to make it. I was wrong! Here's the first little butterfly, with wings still a bit damp.

Here's the second butterfly. You can see the two empty chrysalises and the darker one is still occupied.

The third butterfly.

This is the third butterfly on top, and the second one on the bottom, both still drying.

There are now four! (I think the one on the flower is the newest one!)

So beautiful!


They are ready to fly outside!

The one on the right is uncurling it's tongue.

Alex checking out the five butterflies.
Now to convince her we should let them fly free outside...
1 comment:
I loved all the pictures of Alex and Nicholas' butterfly experiences. You are amazing! You think of fun, creative activities for your children; you document them and then let us share in their joy and wonder.
Thanks!
Mary Torbenson
Post a Comment