Friday, July 27, 2007

Fantastic Friday

It seems a bit odd, this mood I'm in. Haven't felt like this in awhile. I think I may be getting more sleep than I'm missing out on! Having swimming lessons four days a week seemed like it might be too much, but instead, it's working out quite nicely. Alex has napped the last two days (so have I!) and Nicholas is sleeping much better at night. It's very nice, sleeping for more than 3 hours at a time!

We don't have swimming lessons on Fridays, so we're having a day to catch up on all the fun we missed out on this week because of swimming. You know, laundry, house cleaning, and the like. Alex is actually excited about going to the fruit market in a bit because she wants to buy some apricots. She's getting good at helping me pick out good yummy fruit.

Yesterday, Nicholas was outside, playing in the water table and I was trying to get him to come inside. I asked him if he wanted a banana (his favorite thing to eat), and he looked at me and
shook his head no. I asked if he wanted some milk, just to see if he was actually shaking his head no on purpose, and he did it again! Yeah Nicholas! Now, when I say he was shaking his head no, what you should picture is Nicholas moving his head and shoulders in a side to side quick swaying motion while he's looking at you purposely. Yeah, it's pretty cute.

Well, Alex and Nicholas are done playing with the toy animals, and Nicholas has begun to climb the furniture, so I should take them out of the house before it gets too wild here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hurray on the swimming lessons helping enable all to have better naps and longer nighttime sleeps! And Nicholas' "no" truly seems like a full body, yet quiet expression, used to state his opinion. Both of your children are absolutely adorable and totally precious! -Love, Mannah