It's been hard to update my blog the past few weeks. Dave was in Las Vegas for a few days, I've been spending some time at the dentist, we've been dealing with some new testing and child chasing, daylight savings time hit us. Life's been busy. Hopefully, it'll slow down enough for a few minutes anyway, so I can catch you all up on things here. Will that work for you, Kevin? Hee hee! I only say that since you called and asked about it today!
We'll start small and work up, how about that?
Sleep
Sleep is not spending enough time here, still. Instead, we get Sleep's evil triplets, Teething and Scary Things. I hope both of them realize they aren't welcome here and leave soon. That's all I'm going to say about that.
Nicholas
Nicholas is in the midst of a teething frenzy. He now has seven confirmed teeth (meaning they have broken through the gums all the way). He has one more that's been bugging him for about a month, I think. It's taking it's time breaking through, and is on my least favorite tooth list right now. Once it breaks through (please soon!), I hope we'll have a bit of a break from the teething insanity.
He's also taking up walking a bit more in the past few days. He's able to keep his balance and walk a few feet before toppling now. He still walks like a little drunk man, with his arms up in the air in gorilla fashion, but he's a lot more stable. Yeah! Of course, this means that we need to ramp up the childproofing, but that we can do.
Nicholas is also eating some good foods. Some of his favorites are rice (real rice, not the mushy cereal), avocado (which we call tastycado), peas, applesauce and cantaloupe. He's also a sometimes fan of shredded chicken. It's nice that we can all eat the same meals sometimes now.
Alexandra
Alex, Alex, Alex. What to say about Alex? She's definitely in a testing phase right now. We've been super consistent with her and her limits, and I'm hoping the phase will end soon.
She's been telling us jokes. Here's one that she told Dave a few days ago.
Alex- Knock, knock.
Dave- Who's there?
Alex- Little Jack Horner.
Dave- Little Jack Horner who?
Alex- Boo hoo! (and lots of giggles!)
Gotta love three year old knock, knock jokes! She will also say, "I have a funny story to tell you that will make you laugh and laugh!" Then proceed to tell us a story of something that just happened to her that made her laugh. Or not laugh. Either way, it's usually funny.
She's still taking ballet class. She really loves the class and her teacher. When I watch her class, I can tell that she's concentrating with all her might and her energy and her action. It's so neat to watch her doing something she loves so much! I don't think there's been a day that she didn't really want to go to ballet class, nor a day that she didn't come out of class saying "Mom! Mom! Ballet class was GREAT today!" I think we have about a month left before the next class where parents get to sit in with the class. I may have to take some pictures through the window before then. They are doing some new things and it really is too sweet.
Me
I've been totally hooked by the knitting bug. (no pun intended) I've now knitted four hats, two scarves, an afghan for the kitty dollhouse, and I just started a blanket for Nicholas. I'm still making lots of mis-stitches, but at least they are getting more creative and I'm enjoying the knitting process.
Yesterday, I had a few kid-free hours. I was going to take a nap. I wish I could have taken a nap, but I couldn't fall asleep. So instead, I went to the store and bought some new dahlias. I had quite a few a few years ago, but the winter before last really wasn't kind to them, and I think the few I had left might have given up after being in the ground this past winter, too. So I'm starting over. The first step was to start cleaning up the flower beds. I pulled out the hedge trimmer and attacked the lavender and sage bushes and the thing by the driveway that I'm not that found of. I also trimmed back the apple tree and the pear tree and two hydrangeas. Then, I even raked it all up and bagged it. The yard looks great! Maybe I'll go out and get some pictures of it in a bit!
I also got to pick up some new inline skates AND new roller skates! Oh yeah! I hope we get some nicer (meaning not raining) weather soon, and I'll load up the bike trailer stroller, the kids, and a pair of skates and get some skating in while the kids enjoy the scenery.
Dave
Dave's been spending as much time as he can working on his hockey skills. He got a pair of street hockey skates, and a few books on hockey written by people who took it up at about the same age. I just hope the pick up games don't get snowed out again.
He also had a great time in Las Vegas. He got to go indoor skydiving, shoot at an indoor range, go to some fun shows, and see the Grand Canyon by helicopter. He took a bunch of pictures, but we really haven't gone through them yet. Perhaps, if there's one that's nice, I'll post it.
So Dave's been on the interview circuit. He even got a haircut last time I went in for a haircut. But I think I do a better job with it than the lady who cut it. Here's why. I think she made him look a little young. Think I'm kidding? Let me share a few examples of why this is so.
Example 1- Dave's at the ice rink, skating and working on his hockey skills. A girl comes up and starts flirting with him. He doesn't flirt back and is surprised because the girl is 14!!
Example 2- He's at the doctor's office, and the lady checking him in is surprised to see his birthday. When he asks why she's so surprised, she says she would have guessed that he was 21, to be safe, but that she really thought he was 18!!
Example 3- Again, he's at the ice rink, working on hockey skills. Another girl comes up to him, and asks "Do you go to my school?" He says, no. Then, she asks, "Do you go to college?" Again, no. Then he asks "How old are you?" She's 10. 10, and she thinks Dave goes to her school!
Poor guy! I think we'll go back to me cutting his hair. I don't think being mistaken for someone 24 years younger is a good thing for him!
Well, the kids are awake and wresting in here now, so I need to go. I think we're off to play in the yard, since the sun is out and the rain has dried. And I'll take some pictures of how nice it looks to post later! Are you happy now, Kevin? Hee hee!
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I enjoyed all the variety in your most recent blog. Lots going on within your household! I hope this beautiful Thursday affords you some time to try out those new skates or spend time outdoors with the children before the next round of rain falls. The extra hour of afternoon daylight just might give you some outdoor play time after naptime...assuming there IS a naptime at your house today! Love, Mannah
yup, that works for me. I hope that life calms down for you and the crew soon...I'm talking to you stubborn tooth! (amongst other things...)
till later...
You have had some busy times!
Poor Dave and his young haircut...Brandon can relate, he gets told he looks about 16 all the time. When he grows the facial hair out it helps some, but not all that much. I hope Alex decides to stop testing you...doesn't she know that mommy's shouldn't have to take tests? Hee hee! Lots of hugs your way!
-Brooke
Mom, There are no nap times anymore here. There are nap times for Nicholas, usually. Just not anyone else during the week. Thank goodness for weekends!
Kevin, Glad that that was enough of an update for you! Hee hee! But could you talk to the tooth some more? It's STILL not through.
Brooke, Luckily, the testing seems to be slowing down. I don't know if it's because she got enough testing done, or the cold she's got just took the testing energy out of her. Either way, I'm glad we're not having to deal with that as much!
Post a Comment